VTB Bank (Europe) SE

VTB Bank (Europe) SE, headquartered in Frankfurt, is majority-owned by the Russian PJSC VTB Bank in St. Petersburg. The latter was included in the group of companies sanctioned by the European Union (EU) on April 8, 2022. This has significant consequences for VTB (Europe) SE, which holds a German banking license.

On April 9, 2022, the German supervisory authority, the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin), initiated the process that has resulted in Russian PJSC VTB Bank being prohibited from exercising voting rights over its subsidiary VTB Bank (Europe) SE, as the parent company is no longer considered reliable within the meaning of Section 2c (1b) No. 1 of the German Banking Act (KWG).

At the same time, BaFin prohibited the management of VTB Bank (Europe) SE from following instructions of the owner PJSC VTB Bank. These measures – together with the already issued prohibition to make payments or other transfers of assets in favor of companies of the VTB Group – lead to a complete shielding of VTB Bank (Europe) SE from the Russian parent company.

As a result, PJSC VTB Bank, St. Petersburg no longer has control over VTB Bank (Europe) SE and cannot dispose of its financial assets or economic resources.


Read More

History
1921
France

Founded as Comptoir Parisien de Banque et de Change and renamed into Banque Commerciale pour l’Europe du Nord in Paris

History
1971
Germany

Founded as Ost-West Handelsbank AG by the State Bank of the USSR and Bank for Foreign Trade of the USSR

History
1974
Austria

Donau Bank AG is jointly founded in Vienna by the USSR State Bank and the USSR Foreign Trade Bank

History
1989
France

Re-branding to BCEN-EUROBANK

History
1990
France

Setup of subsidiary in Moscow, Evrofinance commercial bank

History
1992
France

Central Bank of Russia becomes principal shareholder

History
1992
Austria

The Central Bank of the Russian Federation acquires 99.97% of the bank,the remaining 0.03% is retained by the Foreign Trade Bank (Vneshtorgbank VTB)

History
1992
Germany

New shareholders: Central Bank of the Russian Federation (CBRF)

History
1997
Austria

VTB acquires a 51% majority share in Donau Bank AG

History
2001
Germany

Vneshtorgbank becomes shareholder

History
2005
France

Vneshtorgbank-Russia (VTB) becomes the main shareholder of BCEN-EUROBANK

History
2005
Austria

VTB acquires 100% interest in Donau Bank AG

History
2005
Germany

VTB becomes majority shareholder

History
2006
France

Re-branding to VTB Bank (France) SA as subsidiary of VTB Bank (Europe)

History
2006
Austria

In the context of VTB’s international rebranding program, Donau Bank AG is renamed VTB Bank (Austria) AG

History
2006
Germany

Re-branding from “Ost-West Handelsbank AG” to VTB Bank (Deutschland) AG

History
2007
France

VTB Bank (Austria) AG becomes the main shareholder of VTB Bank (France) SA

History
2007
Austria

to present VTB Bank (Deutschland) AG and VTB Bank (France) SA are placed under VTB Bank (Austria) AG and together form a subgroup of the VTB Group

History
2008
Germany

VTB Bank (Austria) AG  increases participation to 100%

History
2011
Germany

Launch of VTB Direktbank in Germany

History
2013
Germany

Relocation in Frankfurt am Main into a new representative building

History
2017
Europe

VTB Bank (Austria) AG, VTB Bank (Deutschland) AG and VTB Bank (France) SA merge into one new legal entity, VTB Bank (Europe) SE with its headquarters in Frankfurt am Main

Let's talk
You can contact us on the site
or by e-mail service@vtb.de
Our managers are also ready
to help you by phone
+49 (0) 69 2168-0

Web-form access denied.